is_logo skyline skyline skyline

white white white

Tourist and short-stay visas

The standard visitor visa is the most popular route for individuals coming to the UK. This visit can be for leisure, e.g. on holiday to see family and friends for business or to take part in sports or creative events, or for another reason, e.g. to receive private medical treatment. The standard visitor visa has replaced the following visitor visas:

Family Visitor visa
General Visitor visa
Child Visitor visa
Business Visitor visa, including visas for academics, doctors and dentists
Sports Visitor visa
Entertainer Visitor visa
Prospective Entrepreneur visa
Private Medical Treatment Visitor visa
Approved Destination Status (ADS) visa

You will be required to demonstrate that you wish to visit the UK for no more than six months (11 months to receive private medical treatment, 12 months if you're an academic on sabbatical and coming to the UK for research) and that you will be leaving the UK at the end of the visit. Also, you will be required to show that you have sufficient finds to maintain and accommodate yourself (and any dependants) without assistance from UK public funds.

Other visitor and short-stay visa categories include:

Marriage visitor visa
Parent of a Tier 4 child visa
Permitted paid engagement visa
Short-term study visa
Visit the UK in a Chinese tour group

The length of stay in the above categories will depend on the visa type (30 days to 12 months).

Working in the UK

In order to legally work in the UK, you will be required to apply for the necessary permission before undertaking employment in the UK. The two main categories of employment are the self-sponsored high-value migrant route and the sponsored worker route.

Sponsored skilled worker route application types:

Tier 1 General (indefinite leave to remain applications only)
Tier 1 Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
Tier 1 Investor
Tier 1 Entrepreneur

Immigration Studio. I visa & nationality services Web Design London by Goldenboy Media